Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Oh, no!

Zeke is sick! He's just congested and has a cough, though, and no fever, so it's not as bad as it could be. Luckily, he stays with Mom today, so Adam and I can still both go to work. We wrote a note giving Mom permission to take him to the doctor and have him treated if necessary, and Adam took her the insurance card this morning, so we feel pretty good that all the bases are covered in case he develops a fever and/or gets really sick.

People have always told me that you feel like your heart's getting ripped out the first time your baby is sick. My heart is still inside my chest. I do feel pretty terrible that I had to leave him this morning, though, to come to work :( Thankfully, he's in good spirits and doesn't act like he feels poorly, but the cough gives it away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails